"Acura's new RDXoffers no surprises"

Acura's new RDXoffers no surprises at

Mike

Mike wrote in news:1181582565.074860.324020 @p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

The article title says "no surprises", but they spend 3 paragraphs talking about how the car's handling is way more fun than expected. Their bottom line is that you expect excellence from Acura and this car delivers, so "no surprises".

Reply to
sally

sally wrote in news:Xns994CCE5C5725s321@192.160.13.20:

I test drove it and it's nothing special. Too small, too expensive, not enough oomph. Maybe the turbo wasn't working in mine because the power band seemed real close the RSX I had...you had to wind it up to get any power (like most Hondas).

I didn't push the handling, but I wouldn't get an SUV to drive up to the edge anyway.

Reply to
Nobody

Check out the Car & Driver website or last issue. The RDX is in there and it got some pretty good reviews. The 0-60 on this is 6.5 and the 1/4 mile time was 15.1 @91. A skidpad test of 84 and with S-AWD makes this a fun ute IMHO.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

The RDX is a 4000 lb. SUV. It is NOT a sports car. Honda should reserve SHAWD for their sporty cars and not encourage agressive cornering in their SUVs. Idiot drivers are going to find themselves in a heap of trouble next winter.

Reply to
ACAR

Perhaps but they'll do it anyway. I haven't seen any Acura commercials showing the RDX. I hope they're not promoting it that way.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

"NJ Vike" wrote in news:gqBei.6556$tb6.3906 @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net: