brakes or ball bearings for 90 Legend

-i got an email from my g/f about her car...any solutions?

My car's brake warnings come on and off when I make turns. While I turn I hear a "womp, womp, womp" noise with the movement of the wheels. Nothing is leaking and my breaks don't squeak when I break. A guy at work thinks it's my ball bearings going out.

-This car just had its ball joints replaced within the past two years. I think the warning lights have to do with old wiring, but i dont know what the noise is.

Reply to
gcdenis

"gcdenis" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir. Is it low?

Check the driveshaft CV joints. Are the boots split?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

============================

The guy at work said 'muffler bearings'. :-( Free advise is worth every penny you pay for it. That's what the Internet is for.

You may have a tire with a separating belt, or just need CV-joints, but they usually click, not womp. Checked the lug nuts with the tire wrench? Get somebody to observe the looks of your tires as they roll slowly. Top up the brake fluid. That part is in the Owner's manual.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@interbaun.com:

Could even be a grapple grommet or a filbert flange.

Did anybody ask who put the bomp (in the bomp, bomp, bomp)?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

tegger- the boots are not split. is this a problem that repair shop will ave to find and fix?

Reply to
gcdenis

"gcdenis" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Yes. Noises are best solved on-the-spot by a qualified technician.

Reply to
Tegger

----------------------------------

Did you tell her to read the part in the owner's manual about how the BRAKE light comes on when the brake fluid gets low? Has she checked the lug nuts to see if a wheel is going to fall off? Sometimes the most obvious things get overlooked.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

brake fluid is full...it was the first thing we checked and the lug nuts are tight. it doesnt make the noise all the time just on sharp left turns and thats not all the time either.

Reply to
gcdenis

"gcdenis" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

It would be nice if you quoted the post you're replying to. It's considered good etiquette to do so. Plus it reduced guesswork for others who may not have easy access to earlier posts.

Something just occurred to me here: Is this the BRAKE lamp or the ALB/ABS lamp that's illuminating? This is a critical distinction to make.

Reply to
Tegger