constant using of bio ethanol

Greetings from Ukraine. Going to buy this used Acura

Does anyone know how will constant using of bio ethanol effect on thisAcura's engine? I mean, wouldn't it be bad for a car? The Authorized HondaCentres in Ukraine has no answer. The Ukrainian Honda and Acura forums alsohaven't got a clue. So, I rely on your experience and knowledge. Many thanks for any help.

Reply to
dima_finn

"dima_finn" wrote in news:7229ba433ac84@uwe:

You didn't mention the year of the car.

AFAIK, E10 or 10% ethanol should not be a problem,but E85(85% ethanol) should not be used.

SO,it depends on how much ethanol is in your fuel mix.

I don't think Honda makes any flex-fuel cars yet,capable of using ethanol much over 10%.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"dima_finn" wrote in news:7229ba433ac84@uwe:

What percent ethanol is in your fuel?

Honda cars are good for up to 10% ethanol.

Reply to
Tegger

They sell here E50. So i decided not to take risks and continue to buy gas. Lots of sources says E30 or higher to be dangerous to the engine.

Reply to
dima_finn via CarKB.com

"dima_finn via CarKB.com" wrote in news:7236c74f5db72@uwe:

Over E10 is usually harmful.

But...

It is *possible* your car is made for E50, if E50 has been available in Ukraine for a long time.

You would have to phone Honda Ukraine to be sure.

Is there a sticker inside the gas filler flap or on the dashboard?

Reply to
Tegger

No, there's not

Reply to