Identifying some ECUs

How does one identify ECUs for the 1st generation Integra? I was rumaging through my stuff and found two ECUs. I wrote on the top what I think they are but want to know how to be sure. One says on its sticker

37820-PG7-A113 683-1035868X

The other one says

37820-PG7-A040 682-1445838W
Reply to
Mauricio Tavares

If my memory is right, the ECUs are known by the "A" number; you have an A113 and an A040. I came across that while searching wrecking yards for a replacement for my son's Accord.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:D4CdnZXse_Bw2NzYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

It must be borne in mind that ECUs are different for the various transmissions, valve configurations, and sometimes even trim levels. and that's within the same year and model!

The very safest thing to do at all times is to call your local dealer and ask specifically what car that model number of ECU was meant to be in.

Putting an ECU from an automatic into a manual will cause weird errors, and putting a manual ECU into an automatic won't work.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

That was exactly my problem. I 86-89 Integras and think one is for a AT and the other is for MT, but I do not know if, say, one is for 86-87 or 88-89.

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares