Soft top compatability

Will a soft top from an '02 fit on my '97? I understand the new ones are sailcloth and someone wants to sell me one due to buying a sunrider. For that matter how about hard tops? I just want to make sure which way it works. I thought I heard that the new stuff will fit the old Jeeps but the old stuff won't fit the new Jeeps due to the redesigned safety crap at the top of the windshield frame.

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

Yes hard & soft tops are compatible -- I have put 03 hard tops on 05 tjs and vice versa

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Reply to
twaldron

I just wanted to make sure it would work. Something was different with the header or something I thought.

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

I'm talking new('02+) tops on old('97-'01) Jeeps...not new on new.

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

yes they header is different inside the vehicle but they are still interchangeable!

Reply to
IsellJeeps