Is a 1988 Acura Integra with a DOHC B18 that has 225,000 miles worth $750?

Is a 1988 Acura Integra 4dr LS with a DOHC B18 that has 225,000 miles worth $750? I drove it and everything, it's strong and pretty fast to be stock and to be that old. The body is in good condition, as well as the interior. has tinted windows and 16 rims. The only thing wrong with it is the paint job and an exhaust leak. Is $750 a good deal for this car, are Acura's good on high mileage, and Can they be driven hard with that many miles and be able to with stand? Are these cars good on gas?

Reply to
Cheif

"Cheif" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

It might be worth $750, but that's not what you'll spend on it once you discover all the other stuff that's bad.

Buy it if you like a project car.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

The timing belt will have to be replaced immediately if there is no record of when it was replaced.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

But would the car be good on gas?

Reply to
Cheif

"Cheif" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:

In good shape, the car should be capable of between 28 and 30 mpg.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns981C8F073AD0tegger@207.14.116.130:

That would be with what ratio of highway driving/city driving? My 94 GSR gets ~24 in all-city,but goes to 30mpg for all-highway. I'm a bit of a leadfoot,though.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns981CEEA6469C0jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.85:

A mix.

It's been a long time since my driving consisted of mostly city. When it did, I was around 26mpg.

From May 30 to July 29 of this year, my '91 Integra consumed 101.33 gallons and travelled 3,050.5 miles. That's 30.1 mpg. And that was with nearly

270,000 miles on the clock. Oil consumption is at usual summer levels of about 1,600 miles per quart.

My driving is about 90% highway, most of that at off-peak hours, speeds around 65-85 mph.

Frankly, I find it astonishing that a modern engine could return such good numbers even with elevated mileage. My dad's '50s and '60s cars didn't last half as long before consuming prodigious amounts of fuel and oil.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

How much you paying for gas their per liter?

Here in Newfoundland Canada it is $1.25 per liter. (ridiculous eh!)

Reply to
Devils Advocate

"Devils Advocate" wrote in news:eblvlj$20j$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de:

In southern Ontario we're not far off that. Right now, it's about $1.05/liter for regular.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Hey would headers an cold air intake from a 88 civic fit my B18?

Reply to
Cheif

"Cheif" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I doubt it,don't Hondas use a D-series motor? and different B-series motors use different manifolds.

"cold air intake" (CAI) does not include a short ram intake;short rams still use hot under-hood air. CAIs usually are much longer and extend through a fender or to the grille area for a source of colder outside air. They are pretty much model specific for that reason.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9821CE3F24A47jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.83:

Some do, some don't.

Guess what? Stock air intakes are ALL "cold air".

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns9823E722F8A85tegger@207.14.116.130:

If you check the diagram,the Integra intake gets routed BACK into the engine compartment from the fenderwell.so they still suck hot under-hood air,thus NOT "cold-air intakes".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

So, was the engine replaced during the car's life? The 88 Integra should come factory with a D16A1 engine.

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares