Question on Purchasing Stang

Need your guys opinions:

Ther is a stang for sale here in Denver, CO. I looked over it, it is the following:

1982 Mustang GT 5.0 Vert 102,000 orig miles black after market rims holly carb $4,995

What i like: The paint is in 99% good condition The top is not faded, and works, and is watertight (i was looking at it during a rainshower LOL) engine sounds strong, no skips.

102k original miles on an 1982 No rust on frame underneath It's manual Interior overall is in great shape, leather seats are not worn or cracked Iffy:

It looks like the Dipstick is taped shut with electrical tape (removable, but i wonder why it is taped there to begin with)

Dash is a little beat up. hood has to be SLAMMED to close.

I am going to test drive it Saturday.

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

Check the price on

$5K is a little high.

Aghnis

Reply to
aghnis

"Nicodemus Telrenner" | | It looks like the Dipstick is taped shut with electrical tape (removable, | but i wonder why it is taped there to begin with)

Could be they lost, or broke the original, or it became loose and the tape is to keep it from coming out. ASK them. Watch their eyes to see if they are lying when they tell you.

Hopefully it didn't break off and fall in.

| | Dash is a little beat up. | hood has to be SLAMMED to close.

Mine is a 98, since the day I have owned it I have had to drop my hood from about 2 feet up to get it to close. Sometimes they are just like that BUT

Look for signs of repairs. Body damage. You will be able to tell if you look closely at paint on edges and I'm not sure but it may have little labels on the fenders and hoods with the VIN number on it.

Dashes, wear out. Vinyl dries and cracks. You may be able to find a good replacement for it,

As far as waterproof on a vert.. .you have to DRIVE it in the rain to know if it's going to leak or not.

| | | I am going to test drive it Saturday.

Have fun, but think with your head and not your heart (HAH! LIke *I* ever did LOL)

Best of luck, let us know what you decide to do.

Reply to
SVTKate

POS

hurc ast

Reply to
icouldv8

Here's a thought that everyone missed thus far..

The convertibles didn't start again until 1983, and there wasn't a GT convertible until well into the '83 model year, making them somewhat rare. No '83 GT convertibles had '82 build dates to my knowledge.

I'd be checking door tags and some more information on this car. Most likely it's an '84 or an '83 V6 body with '82 GT trim on it. Check the VIN to see what the original engine was. The '83 GT convertibles are a bit rare, but '83 GLX V6 convertibles were everywhere.

Check out

for more information on the Fox body GT Mustangs.

HTH,

JS

Reply to
JS

snipped-for-privacy@siomd.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Unliek most who have posted (I havent test drove it yet, situations got in the way) All you gave wahs a short answer, that meant nothing, almost quippish.

WHY is it a POS

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

"JS" wrote in news:LKqce.2$dH6.1@trndny07:

Thak you. I didnt even know that. I will have to go back and examine

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner