need help replacing navigation system

I have a 99 TL with a hard disk navigation system. I have read on some message boards that you can replace this unit with the newer DVD rom unit and that it has the exact same connectors, and you can use the existing display. Has anyone done this? Where can I get more info on this procedure?

Thanks in advance

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill