'97 RL: Heater problem

My car blows cold air on idle when I have the heat turned on. When I drive the veh hot air is blown. The problem is only at idle..Can anyone help me with some ideas as to what's going on? Water pump? heater core?

Reply to
ruff_ryder_9o5

ruff_ryder snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Thermostat. Replace with OEM only.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Could be low on coolant causing this but the question is where did the coolant go?

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

"Acura God" wrote in news:F0j2f.468856$xm3.105082@attbi_s21:

Good point. you're suggesting poor circulation, normally a consequence of low coolant level.

If this were the case, I would expect the OP would experience increasing engine temperature (overheating) during prolonged idling, wouldn't you?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

yeah the engine temperature is normal at the middle... would it be the temperature sensor then?

Reply to
ruff_ryder_9o5

yeah the engine temperature is normal at the middle... would it be the temperature sensor then?

Did you at least check your coolant level? I have had problems like you described and it only caused the engine temp gauge to soar when the coolant got very low.

--Art

Reply to
Art M

i just checked my coolant and its at max...i probably will get my thermostat replaced its not gonna cost a lot i hope

Reply to
ruff_ryder_9o5

ruff_ryder snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Thermostat is about $20. Labor I dunno.