'97 RL: Heater problem

My car blows cold air on idle when I have the heat turned on. When I drive the veh hot air is blown. The problem is only at idle..Can
anyone help me with some ideas as to what's going on? Water pump? heater core?
ruff_ryder snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in

Thermostat. Replace with OEM only.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Could be low on coolant causing this but the question is where did the coolant go?
David Short Acura God

Good point. you're suggesting poor circulation, normally a consequence of low coolant level.
If this were the case, I would expect the OP would experience increasing engine temperature (overheating) during prolonged idling, wouldn't you?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

yeah the engine temperature is normal at the middle... would it be the temperature sensor then?

yeah the engine temperature is normal at the middle... would it be the temperature sensor then?
Did you at least check your coolant level? I have had problems like you described and it only caused the engine temp gauge to soar when the coolant got very low.
--Art
i just checked my coolant and its at max...i probably will get my thermostat replaced its not gonna cost a lot i hope
ruff_ryder snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in

Thermostat is about $20. Labor I dunno.
You NEED to replace it.