Oil Leak in 95 Integra LS - Leaks close to front passenger tire

I am not an auto expert.

My 95 Integra LS stick shift leaks close to the passenger side front tire. I poured 10W-30 and it is all seeped out. I can't also switch gears in my manual car, when the car is turned on. I can switch gears, when the car is turned off only.

Any idea on:

1) Where the leak could be? 2) What has to be fixed to stop the leak? 3) Tentative cost of getting it fixed by an auto technician? 4) Do other types of oil additives stop leaks?

Please email me : snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Regards, Sam snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
sgho

Poured the 10w-30 where?

Reply to
JeB

The wife of a friend of mine, years ago, was found to be adding oil to her car engine by periodically pouring a quart of it over the engine block. She used to do this whenever she noticed that it looked like the old oil coating the engine block was drying out. I swear I am not making this up.

My friend, upon discovering what she was doing, took over car maintenance duties from her. I won't name names, but her name was Jill Bush, and her husband's name was Peter. They lived near me in Southampton in the mid 70s. I wonder where they are now?

Reply to
Dean Dark

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Sounds like a clutch slave cylinder.

Where are you putting this oil?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Dean Dark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm not making this one up either:

Many years ago (many), I was at a Gulf station filling up one day. In the next bay was a 40-ish woman with a '71-'73 Dodge Charger. As I was filling up, the woman tried to start her car, which just went chugga-chugga and didn't fire.

She then got out of the car, armed with a big screwdriver. She opened the hood, removed the cover from the air cleaner, and proceeded to (repeatedly and hard) stab the screwdriver into the carburetor's throat!!

After I recovered from the mild stroke this gave me, I casually strolled over in an attempt to help. It turned out that a friend of hers had told her that if the car would not start, there was probably dirt in the carb. Evidently she decided that she could unclog it the way you would a drain or vacuum cleaner. The venturis were badly battered and gouged, so this was probably not the first time she'd done this.

I just told her I wished I could help and drove off. Didn't wanna touch that one...

Reply to
TeGGeR®