RL Type-S

I am getting rid of a Subaru Outback 3.0 VDC 6-cylinder car that has a BAD hesitation problem, that Subaru can't or won't fix. I am looking at the

2007 Type-S, and, test drove one last week, and, it seems very nice, and, NO hesitation.

Any issues with this model? They're both drive-by-wire, so, I have some concerns...

I live in Denver, and, may miss the All-Wheel Drive, but, couldn't live with the hesitation issue...

Thanks.

Reply to
Bill Bradley

I think you're asking about the TL Type S as the RL has no Type S.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Reply to
Bill Bradley

I tested the 2007 TL-S. I found a number of problems. Torque steer was bad. The manual shifter was rubbery (I know it doesn't have to be because I have a Prelude and it is fine). The brake pedal was soft, although the brakes were fine.

The car could greatly benefit from the SH-AWD in the RL, which I have and like. It has a lot of power but it has trouble getting it to the road in anything but a straight line.

Reply to
Robert Peirce

There is a limit as to how much power you can put through unequal length drive shafts in the front of the car before you get an unacceptable amount of torque steer, and it would appear that Acura has found it.

Of course, I can even get some in my '06 auto TSX and I had no problem getting it in my manual '88 MX6-GT Turbo.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

You can save yourself a lot of money and get an almost as good car by buying a Honda Accord V-6 loaded with all the goodies. Both the TL and the Accord are built from the same underlying platform in the same factory.

Reply to
John Horner