Door lock problem on S-type

I have a problem getting the doors locked on my 1999 S-type. Almost immedeately after locking (either with the remote or manually) the doors
unlock again. Could it be a sticking lock on one of the doors ? Would anybody know how I can find out which lock gives the problem and what I can do to resolve this ? Grateful for any advise. Rob
Wish I could help but i have the identical problem on my 99 S type- so interested to know the answer too and at least you know it is not a one off problem. True Story... Stopped car in Central London to get something from Boot. Doors had been locked whilst i was in the car and when i opened the door they of course all opened- my car did the quirly relock thing as i jumped out and the door closed behind me,,, I was stuck out of car with the engine running- keys in ignition- and all doors locked !! had to put window through on side of Regent Street with borrowed wheel brace- Much Fun and 250 of window !!! Be careful :-)
My 2000 S-Type began locking the doors when I was out of the car. Dealer checked and had a new ignition switch assembly with lock barrel installed. Took weeks to get the part from the UK. Now fixed but I make sure the keys go with me when I get out of the car.
I have a great dealer and service staff: Jaguar of Cincinnati. I recommend them highly!

TReminds me of a Toyota Celica I had. The door switch became very sensitive, so much so that whem I pulled over in the middle of hell <Desert In Idaho> to drain myself the doors locked when I shut my door.
I tried in vein to pick the hatch lock, then the door lock. Finally I resigned to smashing a window. BAMMM! The rock bounced off the passenger window. So I backed up and added addition force to my next throw....BAMM! Smashed the side window....but the inward pressure of the window breaking shattered the windscreen too! So ther I was in January, freezing, and looking through crazed glass for another 200 miles.
Forget telling me how nice modern devices are....my Ford truck never locked me out! :-)
Playfully,
Blake
Whoops... Spoke to soon. The car went back after the doors locked themselves in the garage.

I have the exact same problem so you are not alone... Love to know what this little gremlin is !!!

this
Wow, I thought surely it was unique to me. 2000 S-type 4.0. One time out of five, when I lock it, it instantly unlocks. Always locks okay on the second try. It has become so common that now I always reflexively lock it again until the horn toots.
I also have an inappropriate locking problem, but it is only the driver door that locks. The interior lock handle appears to be unlocked, but the door is indeed locked. Fortunately for me (unlike the other fellow who posted a similar problem) I can walk around to the other side and get in. This happens once in 15-20 times I shut the door.
Eagerly awaiting the solution! Who knows the secret? GD
Just Spoke to Jaguar- it appears this is the door latch sticking- you need to check which door latch has remained open when you try to lock- hence identifying the offending door and then replace this latch.
Wierd thing is that this seems to be intermittent on my car and I am not convinced that if i replace i won't just get the same issue a few weeks later from one of the other doors sticking. I have obsereved the latches in the past and it seems that the two front ones on mine stick- ie both of them but different ones at different times. also seems it is more frequent when raining.... ahhh Jag Build quality ;-) That said, I bought my 3.0 1999 with 60k miles and have done 25k miles in just over 12 months.. No real problems with the car at all aceept normal breaks and discs and i had a window winding wire go on the elec motor. So much more reliable that i thought it was going to be. I plan to do another 50k in it in next 2 years and keep my fingers crossed !!
Thanks for all your reactions from which I could identify that the latch on the driver side was the faulty one. I had it urgently replaced today by the local Jaguar dealer (at the cost of Euro 289,-) because of my planned weekend trip to France during which I obviously didn't want to risk to get into any troubles with locking the car. It works fine again now. Rob