Unofficial FAQ: Brake Master Cylinder update

This one was a tremendous amount of work. Please report any mistakes or omissions.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

This one was a tremendous amount of work. Please report any mistakes or omissions.

-- TeGGeR=AE

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

-------------------------------------------------------------- Very complete. You have put a lot of time and energy inot these FAQs. Thank You!

We I bought my Celica shee needed a new master cylinder. And the deal called for me to remove her imediatly. I had to really stomp the pedel everytime I had to stop or slow down. It was a way too exciting 20 mile drive home. A friend was picking up a "new" (rebuilt) master cylinder and it took all of 30 minutes to change the cylinder and fluid. He had a vacuum pum that amde changing the fluid almsot fun. If I had known how easy it would hav been, I would have arranged to do the work before driving the car. It was one of the most foolish things I have ever done. I was very lucky!

Terry

Reply to
r2000swler

strange that the dealer wanted 350$ for a new unit. I had mine changed on my vigor yesterday. Parts were 228$ plus 200$ labour. The integra part looks exactly like the one I have on my car.

This one was a tremendous amount of work. Please report any mistakes or omissions.

-- TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

-------------------------------------------------------------- Very complete. You have put a lot of time and energy inot these FAQs. Thank You!

We I bought my Celica shee needed a new master cylinder. And the deal called for me to remove her imediatly. I had to really stomp the pedel everytime I had to stop or slow down. It was a way too exciting 20 mile drive home. A friend was picking up a "new" (rebuilt) master cylinder and it took all of 30 minutes to change the cylinder and fluid. He had a vacuum pum that amde changing the fluid almsot fun. If I had known how easy it would hav been, I would have arranged to do the work before driving the car. It was one of the most foolish things I have ever done. I was very lucky!

Terry

Reply to
Nightdude

"Nightdude" wrote in news:gdXse.13261$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Was this $228 part new or remanufactured?

The $350 (Cdn) one was brand-new, and came with a new reservoir and cap.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

It looks like a tremendous amount of work, especially with the photos for the pushrod adjustment. But it's worth it - the amount of detail and "don't make this mistake" in there is fabulous.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

brand new and came with the reservoir and cap. I have the old one back.

Reply to
Nightdude

The price difference after the US/CDN conversion isn't that large... $280 vs $350 = 20% off.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

This is CAN$, not US

Reply to
Nightdude

My error - I thought yours was US and the $350 was CDN. If they are apples to apples, that is a large difference.

Reply to
Michael Pardee