weird heater behavior - 2002 rsx

I've got a new problem with the heater - it works ok most of the time, but when I'm stopped at a light, the air blowing out of the vents turns cold. When I pick up speed again it heats back up. Odd - it didn't used to do this. Any ideas?

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2008012021591816807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

You've got low coolant level in the rad, most likely.

Next time the car cools off, check the level in the rad AND in the reservoir.

If the coolant is right up to the top of the rad filler neck (cap is wet), then your thermostat is getting old and needs to be replaced.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks for the advice - indeed my coolant was low. I've yet to correct it and see if that's the only problem, but hope it is.

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2008012122364575249-yoda@Dagobahnet:

Fix it quick. Low coolant is bad for your head gasket and for the block.

Use only Honda genuine premix from the dealer.

And keep an eye on it from now on, like once a month.

Reply to
Tegger

Will do, thanks!

Reply to