woohoo--2003 3.2 tl-s

Just bought a used 2003 tl type s. I love it so far.

I was reading the manual and it says oil change every 7500 miles. Is this right? I've changed the oil on all my other cars about every 3000 miles.

Also, does regular oil (eg pennzoil, quaker state) do fine? What weight?

Thanks.

Reply to
krhine

"krhine" wrote in news:SnGRg.2156$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

7500 is correct for the NORMAL schedule. For the SEVERE schedule, oil and filter are changed every 3750 miles.

If you want to do it more often, go for it! And good on you for wanting to do it more often that required.

However, that 7500 might be OK, it might not. Oil change intervals are sometimes set according to marketing desires, not necessarily what's best for the engine.

Use 5W-20. Any brand you want.

If you can't find 5W-20 (it's much more common now than it used to be), you can use 5W-30. Honda prefers you use 5W-20 though.

For a copy of your Owner's Manual, click here:

login necessary. Just choose "Owner's Manuals" from the menu at left, then drill down from there. check it out for whether or not you qualify for the "severe" schedule.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks for your response!

Wish I could reciprocate with something useful, but I know zip about cars (obvious from my question).

BTW, is it a good idea to have a transmission cooler installed?

Reply to
krhine

"krhine" wrote in news:h20Sg.1461$Y24.944 @newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

No problem. Glad to help.

You already have one. It's in the bottom tank of the radiator. See those skinny lines going to the bottom tank?

Reply to
TeGGeR®