'03 A4 Mirror problems

I'm having some trouble with my side-view mirrors, and wondered if anyone else has a problem....

My drivers side will not hold it's memory position.. every two days or so I need to press memory #1 to get the mirror to return to its set position. It seems to drift off on its own... dealer has replaced "everything" and can't find the problem...

Driver side mirror isn't tinting properly any more... again, dealer can't find anything wrong..

Every once in a while the passenger side mirror will just point straight down... sometimes it takes me a while to get it to return to its normal position..

Troy

Reply to
Troy Bruder

a '03 model...........get a new dealer

Reply to
Clanger

What city are you in?

It would be nice to know what dealers to avoid!

Reply to
Not James

Allentown, PA.. Knopf Automotive. Avoid like the plague!

Reply to
Troy Bruder

"Troy Bruder" wrote in :

Tony:

Bring it to Flemington, NJ ... good service dept.

(no affiliation ... just a customer on 3rd Audi ... 2002 A4)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey

From the description you give about the passenger side mirror pointing downward, it sounds like it's in the "reverse" position, which is a feature that activates when the transmission is put in reverse in order to help a driver see the curb when parallel parking. If it's stuck in that position for long periods of time when the car is moving forward, then there's clearly a problem. But if it's only pointing downward when the car is in reverse, is parked after backing into a spot, or moving forward very slowly after being in reverse, then it's completely normal behavior. As for the mirrors not perfectly holding their memory positions, I've experienced that also. It seems that the electic folding feature -- which I use often -- has a tendency to make the mirrors point a bit wide of the mark; thus making me readjust them inward a bit. This is a bit annoying. But it's something I can live with.

Rob

2002 A4 3.0Q
Reply to
+ Rob +

My '02 A4 has the same problem. They've replaced the "convenience computer" to no avail. It's going back in next week for more work on that problem.

Reply to
Jim Battan