'99 Audi A6 cooling fans operate all the time

Hi,

My '99 A6 has just come back from its annual service and I notice that the cooling fans seem to operate all the time (from about 20secs after engine on). The weather is very hot (for the UK anyway) at the moment. Is this normal? If not, what could be wrong? I am going on a long journey soon so I don't really want any problems.

TIA, Mark

Reply to
Mark

Mark, its this weather mate, Mine comes on about 20 secs after startup as well, I have the Viscous type as well and its noisy as hell, sounds like a badgerline bus, Remember its like 35c outside, we aint seen weather like this for ages.

I wouldnt worry at least you know it works :)

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Cheers, Ron. I agree about the bus :-)