2003 A4 3.0 Speed limiting in ECU

It should be vice versa, no? At least here in Europe that is. The speedo shows a higher speed than the actual one.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

"Richard Goulding" wrote

IME, the speedo shows a little MORE.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

In the uk speedos always read a higher amount than the actual amount.

That is,

Speedo speed = 30mph, Actual Speed = 27mph.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

Yes, I should read my posts before clicking send.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

I actually like this 'feature', as I tend to drive around about 10 mph higher than the posted speed limits, which generally the police will let you have - so in the case of the Audi, an indicated 10 mph over is really more like 7 mph over, which is better for the driver's license....

Dan D Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

I have checked the speedo in both my A4 (2002) and Passat (1995) by timing the interval between mile markers on the highway at a constant speed (65mph). Both were within 1mph of the calculated result.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Thompson