86 Audi-does not move

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this 86 audi that does not move at all either when it is on neutral, R or D? I checked all the drive belts and they are all fine. Is it the transmission or just some cable. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
difar

The only time my 85 4000Q didn't move was after driving in deep snow and parking it over night in zero degree weather. All 4 brake rotors froze fast to the brake pads.

Reply to
Gene

Assuming this is a 100? How is the level of ATF (auto-trans-fluid)? Is the trans at the rear of the engine all wet looking on the outside? If it is so the trans has more than likely died.

The reason the car won't move is enough fluid has leaked out to the point that there is now an insufficient amount to build pressure that can be pumped into the torgue converter.

The usuual problem of failed seals between differential an the auto trans comes to mind. Probably rebuild time....

Morris

Reply to
MorrisTheCat

Thanks for the info. The garage told me it is the transmission!!

Reply to
difar

Thanks for the info. I will check.

Reply to