98 A6 Radiator Fan Removal Question

I need to replace the electric radiator fan (bad bearing) on this car and cannot figure out how to remove the thing. I have a service manual and from the diagram it appears to clip into the fan shroud and then has a single bolt holding it. Any suggestions from someone with some experience with removing this part would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I have not worked on an Audi A6 but some vehicles will require you to remove the front bumper and move the radiator out from the engine some. It is not as bad as it seems. ;-) The fan itself might be attached to it's shroud which may have to come off the radiator.

I might be totally wrong on this though since I have not worked on an A6 yet!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1