A3 Juddering at a stand-still

Hi

I've had a new A3 2.0 FSI since September last year and around July this year it developed a fault where the car judders. This is more evident when sat a stand-still with the air-con on LO. The revs go up and down with the engine nearly stalling at points and the car judders that much all the occupants are shaken around.

The car has been in and out of the garage now for nearly six months with various modified parts being installed on the car but it's not resolved the problem fully. Various technicians have looked at the car and all of them agree there is a problem but no of them including Audi Technical UK! The North Area Manager has driven the car and has now said this is a characteristic of the car and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem? I would be interested from everyone who has the 2.0 FSI even if the response is no it does not affect my car. I am currently building up a case and will be contacting a solicitor very soon so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Reply to
Ralphy

ömm, mm. No. Not that bad. I had small juddering, but it was nearly impossible to notice, and never did the engineers notice it. Oh well, anyway it has stopped now.

Personally I have a problem that it eats a lot of oil, and now they apparently found some sort of problem from oil-sensors etc, but they haven't located the reason yet. I'm taking my car to the dealer for a fix just before Christmas, so I can't help yet.

Anyway, doesn't sound normal.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

My car had the same fault too. They never did tell me exactly how they repaired the car but I believe it was a replacement manifold or cylinder head that was leaking oil on to the sparkplugs.