what car fluid smells like hair being permed at a beauty salon

I have a 97 camry LE 4cyl which gives off a burnt smell that reminds me of the chemicals used to perm hair in a beauty salon. I took it in to the
dealer, who said they found the cause to be transmission fluid leakage from a gasket falling onto exhaust pipe. Well supposedly they fixed the leakage, but I still smell it when I am inside my car. I want to ask if anyone else had a similar problem with their car and what other causes it might me, in case the dealer misdiagnosed it. Thanks.
Sounds like good assessment to me. It will take awhile to burn off. Have the engine steam cleaned if it really bothers you. If it is a sulfur smell its from the catalytic converter -- change your brand of gas.

from
leakage,
else
I was wondering when you said it could "take awhile" for the smell to burnoff, how long were you thinking of? The reason I ask is because it still gives off the smell every once in a while after having it fixed 5 days ago.

of
in
Depends if it got in the flexible coupling part -- how far you drive, how hot it gets. I'd give it a few weeks anyhow. Ya sure it isn't rotten egg smell from the catalytic converter? Common Toyota feature.

me
the
me,
You know, it sometimes does smell like a rotten egg. Maybe it is the catalytic converter. If that is the case, do you know how serious or how expensive of a problem this is? Thanks for all your help.

leakage
anyone
I got a very similar, if not the same, problem with my Camry LE (1997). The problem of smelling "rotten eggs" or the perm chemicals (that also include sulfur-containing compounds) becomes apparent when the window/sunroof is open, and I am going above 3000 RPM, usually during acceleration or uphill travel. I must admit that it is extremely annoying, and I am looking for a cure. If this is a catalytic converter, what should I do? Replacing one is very expensive!
For me, I am willing to live with it, as long as it is not too toxic for me to breath in or lead to even greater damage and expenses down the road. I had this car for only a few weeks and all these annoying problem from engine lights going on, to strange smells and slow to retract seat belts is making me wonder if I got a lemon or if Toyota reliability is overrated. Besure to share with us how your situation is resolved, as I will with mine.

The
I got very similar, if not the same problem with my Camry LE (1997). The problem of smelling "rotten eggs" or the perm chemicals (that also include sulfur-containing compounds) becomes apparent when the window/sunroof is open, and I am going above 3000 RPM, usually during acceleration or uphill travel. I must admit that it is extremely annoying, and I am looking for a cure. If this is a catalytic converter, what should I do? Replacing one is very expensive!