A6 (2000) Airbag sensor module

Hello.

I was just informed that my airbag sensor module was failing (airbag light stayed on)

I was also told that the part is +/- $1,300. The item is no bigger than an Altoid can.

Is this about par for the course on the price of the item??

Thanks

Josh

Reply to
Josh Carter

Not exactly answering your question, but I'll write for the benefit of others:

I got an airbag lamp after striking my steering wheel with my fist (got mad at being cut off by another driver).

I took it to an independent, who disconnected the wire between the airbag and the steering column, reconnected it, and reset the error code via the Bosch equivalent of the VAG-com. Apparently my hitting the wheel caused a momentary loss of contact in the connector, triggering the fault.

Moral of the story - if you get an airbag light, keep in mind that the fix may be trivial.

/Robert

Reply to
Robert