A8 L 2004 listing 1 cm to starboard

My new A8L settles on a level garage floor with the right wheel arch top about 10-13mm lower than the left. I am being told by the dealer that this is within specs and that the level controller on the adaptive air suspension levels this out when the car starts to move.

Question: has anybody else experienced this effect and if so what has been done about it....

Many thanks

SZ

Reply to
nfh

What's a "level garage floor"?

-- C.R. Krieger (Never been *there*)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

lol

Along with *clean* garage floors, they only exist in a parallel universe...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

buy a clue. and a sense of humor while you're at it.

/daytripper - who actually wanted to tell him that half inch list would go away if his spouse went on a diet ;-) '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

How sure are you that your garage floor is truly level?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

top poster!!

Ya gotta have a big stick to test that little bubble. A marble is cheaper and easier to operate. That the dealer could 'splain away a 1 cm imbalance is interesting. He may be aware of more than he is saying (really!) or is just making it up as he goes along. Or maybe too much air on one side or not enough on the other or...

Try the marble.

Reply to
Richard Potato

I would try the marble method in my garage - but I know for sure it wouldn't roll even if the garage was falling into a crater (the floor is totally spalled thanks to the car dissolver they use on the roads here) nfh, If your car has the level doohinkey ding ding, tweet tweet (bell and whistle noises) - consider that it will not be working after you turn off the car and......get out! Yes, it would make sense that the passenger side (cox.net = US = starboard passengers) would be lower, as the car was compensating for your weight in the driver's seat. You could try placing your equivalent weight into the passenger side, going for a drive and then parking again - removing the weight (and you) and then remeasuring. taDA! If it's still out - then the car's no good - bring it to me in Canada and I'll trade you my '62 DKW - it doesn't have all the ding ding, tweet tweet - but it sits dead on level left to right. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - was off level once - broken spring was culprit 1980 Audi 5k - still off level - also broken spring - darned road salt.... 1962 and '64 Auto Uni>
Reply to
Steve Sears

Euclid? Been there. It ain't that hot. Even Rocky River and Lakewood are more fun.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

This is fairly common with the new A8L, I think there is a tolerance with the air suspension.

This topic was discussed on the A8 forum on Audiworld. You're not the only one with slight differences between left and right.

James

Reply to
fusilier

While I'd just enjoy the old marbles, I think it might be better to just park the car front to rear and rear to front - having previously marked where the wheels sit on the first instance of parking - and you'll find very easily and most scientifically that it is just the diagonally opposite wheel arch that lists by exactly the same amount.

Anyway, with that kinda car you might also want to check whether it's not just a roll of bucks that's sitting in the wrong place thus totally imbalancing the vehicle. If that's so, I'm sure both Steve and I will be willing to help you get rid of your nuisance :)

JP Roberts

"nfh" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Don't forget to check for cargo in the backseat and trunk.

compensating

Reply to
JPB357