What should one pay for a 2002 S-8 with 21,000 miles and extended warranty?

Price? Reputation? Any downsides to this vehicle other than cost of purchase?

Reply to
REInvestments

Assuming you live in Zaire, expect to pay... blabla. Maybe you should provide some more information about your whereabouts. The internet is an international community, you know.

Anyway.. in Holland a similar car goes for ? 109.900, which is US$ 140,050 - but keep in mind that cars are insanely expensive in Holland, so where you live you can probably buy two of those for the same $$... :-(

See Ronin.

Reply to
Bram

A local dealer in San Jose, California, USA, has an S8 that I'm considering purchasing. I drove a new A 6, and this used S8, and really liked the S8.

It is a 2002 with 22,000 miles on it. The nav system knob is broken, and there is a crack in the rear left tail lamp, but otherwise the vehicle looks to be perfect.

It has an extended 5 year 100,000 mile warranty, black leather interior with suede side doors, the sport package, including upgraded 19 inch wheels and tires. Basically just about everything on the options wish list -- Recaro sport seats, heated seat and ski bag package, Symphony stereo, etc.

It appears to me that this car's base in 2002 was about $73,000 on an invoice of somewhere around $65,000, and then there are about $9,000 in retail priced options, wheels, etc. Don't know wholesale cost.

My questions:

  1. What do you owners think a fair purchase price is for this vehicle?

  1. Are there any downsides to this vehicle other than initial cost of purchase?

Thanks very much for any help.

Reply to
REInvestments

Check

for current pricing

Reply to
JPB357

No one in this news group actually owns or leases an S8? If not, why not?

Reply to
REInvestments

I put his information into Edmunds calculators and came out with a Retail of about $63,400.

Reply to
JPB357

I could only afford half of an S8....

/daytripper '00 S4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

We're generally considered beneath anyone with that much disposable income.

-- C.R. Krieger "Ignore 'em, m'dear; they're beneath our dignity." - W.C. Fields

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Good one. I'd love to afford an eighth of an S8, but it would be more expensive than the S8..... REI....Why not?.....hmmmm.....RE_Investments_? um ok.....we're all independently wealthy but have collectively decided to specialize in older cars...... See:

have driven/passengered in the S8 shown at Mosport Speedway for the AudiQuattro Challenge in 2001. Amazing car - especially when being thrown intoa 4 wheel slide on a racetrack. aaahhh...memories....Cheers! Steve Sears - anybody got an 1980's Audi S1 Sport Quattro they want to part with in trade?

1987 Audi 5kTQ - my D.I.Y. pseudo S-car 1980 Audi 5k - S-car? Yeah. 5000S 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - 1/10th of an S-car...not even. (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears