air filters

I have a 2001 A4 1.8 engine, I want to change the air filters myself. I changed the rectangular air filter once, take a long time to fit the filter in. Is there another air filter that I need to change as well? Any input is greaterly appreciated.

Hunter

Reply to
audidrive

"audidrive" wrote

Yes, the cabin pollen filter. Normally it gets dirty faster than the engine air filter. It should be changed once a year.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

do engine air filters shrink a bit after several years of use? i just changed mine and i noticed when i took it out that it was a bit smaller than the replacement filter i was putting in. i called my parts store to ask them if they had sent me the wrong one and they said no.

the difference between the two was less than half an inch on all sides. is my replacement filter just slightly too big or did the original filter shrink or was it undersized?

Reply to
tockeyhockey