Air con filters???

Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 Audi A4 and I have a bad smell from the air con, I have bought some fungi killer for the air con but it says that I need to take out the filters before I spray into the system. Any idea where the filters are located? and where the air intake is for the air con??

Many Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy

The filter is located within the engine compartment near the firewall on the passenger side. There's some lower windshield trim that is removed to get access to the filter housing. Then remove the filter housing cover and replace the filter within.

That all said, it's unlikely the filter itself is contributing to the smell, which usually emanates from the AC expansion coil becoming a fungal paradise with use...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Where would I spray my fungal spray????

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Yes, of course. Remove the filter and blast down the intake. I suspect the can will say to do it with the HVAC turned off and with all the windows rolled down. I agree with the windows, but suspect a lawyer added the other step.

I do it with the fan on full blast, floor and dash vents selected (not the windscreen vents) and fresh air intake enabled. Really hose the hell out of the system, then immediately shut off the HVAC and let the spray work its magic while putting the filter and trim bits back in place.

You can certainly change out the cabin filter as long as you're in there and don't mind the ridiculous price...

Cheers

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper