any clues to this problem with Audi 100

we have an L reg 2.6 V6 decided to die on us this morning battery is fine its automatic

we just pulled away from some traffic light and coasted to a stop after the battery light came on

any ideas?

sam

Reply to
twig

Need more info. Does it turn over?

Reply to
Jim

"twig" skrev i en meddelelse news:c700j9$277$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

It sound like something with the multifunction switch on the automatic trans. I have had the same problem. It wouldn't start at all. The was some water in it. I just dried it, and gave it some contactspray, and the car was fine.

Thomas.

Reply to
Thomas A. Jørgensen

hi thomas

we had been driving for about a mile when the problem started

would that sort of fault happen when on the move ? twig

Reply to
twig

If it turns over but doesn't start it sounds like you broke your timing belt. $$$$ : (

T> we have an L reg 2.6 V6

Reply to
TonyJ