2000 Grand Am died on interstate

I was driving down the interstate about 75 when my 2000 Grand Am just died and I coasted to a stop. After I stopped, the battery and oil pressure lights came on when I tried to start the car. I added some oil and checked the coolant, my husband tried to jumpstart the battery, but to no avail.

We had the car towed home and added some gas. It had been low but the low fuel light had not come on yet and I didn?t think it had been low enough to run out. None of the indicator lights are coming on now. Any ideas?

Reply to
Susan23w

"Susan23w" wrote: > I was driving down the interstate about 75 when my 2000 Grand > Am just died and I coasted to a stop. After I stopped, the > battery and oil pressure lights came on when I tried to start > the car. I added some oil and checked the coolant, my husband > tried to jumpstart the battery, but to no avail. > > We had the car towed home and added some gas. It had been low > but the low fuel light had not come on yet and I didn't think > it had been low enough to run out. None of the indicator > lights are coming on now. Any ideas?

Do the basic checks first,check all the fuses then if that checks out good check to see if there is fire and fuel to the motor.

Reply to
Shakes73