Audi A4 B6 Sedan stereo cabling ;(

Hi, I bought an A4 B6 about 1 month ago, and the first thing I wanted to do, was install a car stereo solution ( a new amp ).

Yesterday I started on the job, cabling from the front to the luggage compartment, and holy shit.. it's a lot of work. Audi haven't exactly made this easy. I spent 8 hours, the first 5 hours was just basically reading my Keynes manual and being careful so I didn't break any expensive plastic.. then the actual work..

And to add pain to misery, I found out, after closing up on one side, that I hadn't left enough cable on the other end.. I also found out that I somehow didn't get the seatbelt guide in properly, so the seatbelt was very slow, and eventually I had to take out the seat belt guide / upper B-pillar trim again. So now I'm driving around with a loose upper B-pillar trim on my chest ..

So now I have to do the entire side over again, although I guess I won't use more than 1-2 hours this time, it's not exactly tempting.

Before I do it again: Has anyone else does this, has any experiences or insight they want to share (preferably comforting ones.. ;). It was hard finding room for all the cables under the foam, and to be honest, I'm still not sure if this is the way to place the cabling.

Thanks, Gustav Tresselt

Reply to
Gustav C. Tresselt

Hmm the standard 10 speaker setup is a great system anyway, just replace the head unit? The only wire I could imagine you would need is a batery power to the boot for an AMP to run a seperate sub for more bass should you need it.

What are you trying to achive?

Reply to
Ronny