Audi A4 "right dipped headlight" problem, was Audi A4 "left dipped headlight" problem

I posted the following message about a month ago:

The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and >dangerous -- problem: >1. The left headlight flickers >2. It then turns itself off >3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears >4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has failed.

I took my A4 to the dealer and two things were done:

- the code (presumably software version) for the light were checked and it was correct

- the igniter was changed And the result?

- the problem with the left headlight disappeared

- the same problem begins to occur on the right headlight !

Has anybody seen this weird problem? Can the left headlight circuitry somehow interact with the right one?

... Mike

Reply to
mike

Or did the shop simply swap the igniters?

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

sounds more like it...........while backcharging Audi for a new one.

Reply to
tpow