Audi A4 Tempremental starter

I have an A4 which regularly, over the past few years, has become a bad starter.

1.8 (110,000)

Engine turns over well but won't fire.

Can't see any pattern - leave to stand or persistence seems to get it done but Missus not very happy.

I think a cure would be better than a trade-in (and cheaper).

Non-VAG garage says he can't find nothing wrong - any ideas?

Reply to
Steve Wade

start by changing the cheap stuff, plugs, leads etc. If that does not correct the problem then £30 on an ECU check might be worth the money. Though this does mean car is off the road for 4/5 days. A garage VAG check would cost much more but the car remains operational.

Reply to
Ted

Steve, Did the "non-VAG garage" pull the error codes from the engine management? No patterns like following a period of hard driving, rain, refuelling, etc.? How old is the battery/wires/plugs/? Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Very likely a bad G62 Coolant Temperature Sensor.

My two cents,

JP Roberts

P.S.: Had the same symptoms.

"Steve Wade" escribió en el mensaje news:dar2nn$1te$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...