Both Steppenwolf and Pikes Peak into production.

Pikes Peak will be in the dealerships from 2005, and the production of the Steppenwolf will also start fairly soon, national media reported here today. VAG will also start the production of the luxurious A8 Avant, with a V8 Turbo engine, with 430 horsepowers. But, VAG has also decided to drop the small aluminium A2 from 2005. It will not be replaced by a new model from Audi, but this niche or segment in the market will be filled with Seat models instead. The A2 was produced in 22.000 units in 2001, and 16.000 more cars were produced in 2002. So, from 2005, the smallest Audi will be history, at least as new car, but it will probably live on for a while in the second-hand market.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding news:6ruub.39888$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.e.nsc.no...

The final, official names for the Steppenwolf and Pikes Peak models are not yet decided. We will just have to wait and see what they will choose, I guess.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

A5 perhaps?

Reply to
Graham

"Graham" skrev i melding news:bplg7a$1p2a8e$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-158414.news.uni-berlin.de...

Yes, obviously. Other obvious options are A7 and/or A9, but, like I said, the A2 will be dropped from 2005, and will not be replaced by another Audi model. Seat models will fill the void, and VAG also has the VW Polo, and the Lupo, but the Lupo is not sold here in my country. I do not think that Audi will use A1, so the options are the obvious A5, A7, and A9, and maybe more. Today we have the A2 (although to be dropped from 2005), the A3, the A4, the A6, and the A8, and of course also the various "S" and "RS" models, and the Allroad models. I am pretty sure that we will never see an A1 model. In my view, the VW Polo is a fair and decent alternative to the A2, although I still strongly prefer the A2. It is an alumimium car, you know. Way too small for me, though, but still, very nice.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Interesting.. I believe that the current Polo is larger than it's old "big brother" - the Golf - that started this whole GTi thing..?

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

"Hairy One Kenobi" skrev i melding news:cIwvb.1112$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...

Ooops, I forgot the Audi TT, which is of course sold here.

Here, the VW Lupo was once the smallest VW option, but the Lupo is not sold here any more. Today, the VW Polo is our smallest VW option, somewhat smaller than the brand new VW Golf. We also have the Bora, which is really a Golf sedan, I think, but the Bora does not sell at all compared to the Polo and particularly the Golf, while the medium-sized, family class Passat is a huge seller in its segment. And yes, it is fair to say that the Golf GTI started the whole GTI thing. Today, we have the brand new Golf V here (the fifth generation Golf). It is also expected to be a huge seller, just like all its predecessors, that is the earlier four Golf generations, have been here.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

aaarrghh, and I just sold my TT Coupe Quattro to buy an A4 Avant Quattro :(

-- Dave

Reply to
Dave