World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

Hello,

does everybody know that according to some Oil Geologists (e.g. Colin Campbell) in 2013 the world oil output is going to peak ? Are you aware what this does mean for all of us ? We have 4 years from now, until there will not be enough energy for travelling, heating and the most important for food for everybody of us. Oil prices will begin to peak, not 150 USD/barrel, much much higger prices are expected. Many people will loose their jobs and many of us will begin to starve. Alternatives will also be more expensive since the demand will increase astronomically. Alternative energy will also be much much more expensive, due to the demand and due to much higher costs. Making a wind turbine cost a lot of energy. Making ethanol cost a lot of oil (pesticides, insecticides, transportation, production, harvesting, fertilizers etc.). Making insulations cost also a lot of oil.

What is the solution ? The only way is to act now, individually. Now, where the oil prices are still cheap, although there is an increase, each individual can begin to prepare himself for these hard times in near future. Insulation of houses, solar cells, which are now more affordable (in ebay 1 W solar cells cost 1 USD or even less), solar water heating, solar heating with mirrors reflecting the sunlight to your home in winter, making your own wind turbine (a lot of instruction of cheap design can be found in the internet), buying a plug-in car or a hybrid vehicle, using energy efficient lightning, heating with heat pumps, making a winter garden etc. are some of the things each of us can do to prepare himself/herself for hard times and to save money and energy. There are also ways to save energy and try to extend the date a little bit by using the car only when necessary, using the bike instead of your car, using public transportation, converting the car to methane fueling, saving energy where ever it is possible, not only in your home also in your work, etc. will help to extend the date.

The other alternative is to wait until this date, actually the economical crisis is in its ending phase and the oil prices will again rise to record highs. But this is nothing compared to the prices when world oil supplies will deminish 4% yearly. And after this date (2013) very very hard times may come. Starvation and even worse things like war are the alternative.

If you act now, you will also help to produce new jobs in your country.

Regards.

You can find much more on:

peakoil

Aren't we all supposed to die in December of 2012 anyways?

Reply to
Nathan

read the same thing in the 70s running out of oil in 20 years high prices etc. everyone that can come out of the woodwork and write scare stories etc, have no proof only word of one persos a ceo of a 1 person group of company, congressmen etc. i will wait until it happens

Reply to
Tom

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wasn't that supposed to happen in 1987?

Reply to
Paul

The sky is falling the sky is falling! Run, hide, cluck as necessary.

Reply to
PeterD

Myth: Shortage of oil. Truth: How much will you pay for it?

The fact is there is a shortage of "cheap" oil that is cheap. Just like companies always complain about labor costs, the reality is they want cheap labour. And with sliding currency valuations because of Obama bailout bonanza and corruption-debt spending you can expect $5 gallon before too long. Imported anything is going up in price along with almost every commodity going. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, maybe $8 gallon.

Don't like the cost of oil? Too bad so sad, you should have thought about who you voted for last year. Oil isn't really going up that much, it is the value of the currency that is crap in at least as much.

Why do you think GM has flushed $65B so fast? It sure wasn't paying bills and wages. Hint, rich want their money the hell out of GM and out of the USA before the USD crashes. And they have the squeeze on every congress, senate and Obama himself selling out Americans. In Canada we have the same, the three Canadian stooges, Harpo, Iggy and Laytoon.

Welcome to the NWO, Obama will send the bills to you shortly.

Reply to
Canuck57

70's was different. Some jack ass decide to set the rice of oil. But no one would supply all that was needed at that price. There was no shortage of supply. There was a shortage of fair market price causing people not to sell the stuff.

You would live a very long time before we run out. Mind you, you might only live a few months or weeks if you think it will be less than $3 gallon. The value of the USD is shrinking fast.

Too much bad GM and government debt. Hell, the governments can't borrow money and like GM are running on fraud and BS.

Reply to
Canuck57

peakoil wrote in news:a16ec876-5313-431b-96a9- snipped-for-privacy@g19g2000yql.googlegroups.com:

Absolutely, in 6 months Goldman Sachs will have produced 90-120 dollar a barrel again and we can continue to rebuild the housing bubble. Are you guys buying oil futures, it's a sure thing, no regulations and you get to use the suckers 401K investment money to buy the futures and then charge huge fees and when things go bad you dump the futures to pay back the investors who want their 401k money back. It will take a couple of years to get 250k homes up to 500k so don't expect quick returns on those. :)

Reply to
tango

About the same amount of oil as is produced in ethanol. Hmmm

Beyond the date that you perish yourself.

War uses up the last remaining bit of oil.

There are only a limited amount of jobs. Same as oil. We are sure to run out of both.

Reply to
labatyd

I thought it peaked in 1923, oh wait 1949, oh wait 1965, oh wait 1978, oh wait 1983, or was it 1998. OK, OK, really really really, it is going to peak in 2013, definitely for sure.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You are partially right. If government can drive say 100% inflation into the economy the $250K house become $500k....

But don't expect your 401K or wages to follow to the same extent. But as wages increase, so does the governments taxation take.

Generally people loose overall in inflationary times. Costs will outstrip net incomes thus lowering the standard of living.

The result is banks win for mortgage growth and more dollar equity into homes even though the currency value depreciates, so less defunct mortgages. Government wins as more taxes. Average people loose.

Isn't all this debt-bailout-corruption spending grand?

Reply to
Canuck57

Is this prediction coming for the same "experts" that told us in 1970 that the world would run out of oil in ten years?

The US had billions of gallon of crude available to us, all we need to do is DRILL into the vast resources off our costs. In addition we have 250 years of coal reserves that can be used to produce electricity or be turned in oil. I we build, nuclear power plants to produce, clean safe lower cost electricity, as do many other countries around the word, we can add years to our oil reserves

The Dims and Environuts, currently running our county, prefer to build windmills and solar fields that at best can put a dent in the INCREASE in our ever growing demand for energy over the next fifty years. LOL

Reply to
Mike

Yes, but the problem is moot, "Climate Change" will kill us all by 2012, accord to the same experts. ;)

Reply to
Mike

RUN, RUN, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!! Me thinks it is the orange sky in the land where the kooks in the NGs live, however. LOL

Reply to
Mike

We will not know for sure until one of our kooky friends, Jeff, Joe, Larry, Canuck etc. post a wed site that PROVES the fact. LOL

Reply to
Mike

I have read the original study and it has been updated frequently as world oil production changes. I think it is basically true...at some point, world oil production will peak - but these attempts to predict it have been rather off the mark.

T. Boone says that there will be no more major oil reserves found...that the earth is surveyed and there are no more honeyholes. Others point to the find in the Dakotas which, on first sight seems to disprove this statement. There is oil there, and lots of it, IIUC, but it is spread in low concentrations through belts of shale. It is there but will be very difficult and costly, if ever feasible, to extract it. There is plenty of gold in the ocean too, but you see the corollary.

Reply to
HLS

TO. Boone Pickens statement , that there will be no more major oil reserves found... is far different then stating ALL know major oil reserves are being TAPPED, which is FAR from true. If you notice TO. Boone Pickens also states that we have years of UNTAPPED NG that we SHOULD be using and in which HE is deeply invested.

The problem for NG is there are currently not enough lines available in various parts of the county for the HG we CURRENTLY have available and it needs to be burned OFF at the well head and the refineries.

The same will be the fate of GASOLINE if we no longer use, or can store what is produced dung the refining process, it too will have to be burned off

Reply to
Mike