Contacting Audi USA Customer Service

BACKGROUND: I just purchased a used '98 A4 2.8 30v with 58,500 miles. Of course, at 61,000 miles, my timing belt/water pump failed which in turn caused significant damage to all 12 exhaust valves. I'm stuck with a $3,800 repair bill and out of warranty. I purchased the car from my father. He took very good care of this car and has all the maintenance records.

QUESTION: I have read in this group that individuals have contacted Audi to open a case and possibly cover some of the cost of the repairs when parts fail before recommended replacement. What is the best way to contact them? I have a phone number and address. Should I write a letter and include photos, records, etc??? Or should I call with this information handy? Does anyone have experience dealing with Audi customer service?

Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Natal Modica

P.S. Change your timing belt/water pump when the dealer recommends...not when Audi recommends!

Reply to
CodeMotion