In the past I've used copper grease on brake calipers, until I saw this
- and as I'm about to change discs (rotors for the US audience) and pads
I thought I'd try to get the correct grease. Thing is, I can't find
it. I've paid a visit to Halfords (and regretted it- one day I *will*
learn), to no avail.
So, a few questions:
1. Is copper grease really bad for the dust seals etc?
2. Where's the best place to get the grease? Online seems only to throw
up motorcycle stores. If I'm doing an online order, I'll want to order
some other stuff too, which means the motorcycle stores aren't so good.
3. Do Audi/VW dealers sell it in small quantities?
4. Is the correct stuff known by any other designation?