Front Axle Price/Help

I took my car(2001 1.8T Quattro) to the shop for something I thought is going to be the the lower control arm bushings. The symptoms sounded just like other fellows have described on the internet. But the mechanic apart from lower control arm also mentioned about sway bar, outer and inner tie rod ends needs to be replaced. Most importantly/interestingly he said the left axle has to be replaced. The car jerks a little in stop and go traffic, probably that it, other than that I dont hear any clicking etc. Anyways, does anybody know the best price? Any remanufactured suggestions/locations. again 2001, 1.8T Quattro. I live in Washington DC area.

Reply to
qazimo

There called drive shafts over here, its not technicaly an axle, its in 3 main parts the shaft, the inner & outer cv joints, its probably the outer joint you need, here in the UK the cv joint & gaiter will cost about £60 for the parts,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s