95 maxima front suspension bushings??

My 95 se is barely driveable (SCARY!). When I am accelerating the car goes one way and I have to let go of the gas for it to go straight. I lifted the front and found that when I grab the wheel at 9&12 o'clock it moves alot. I can see the large bushing that is worn but dont know what its called. It is part of the frame that connects to the wheel hub area. The bolt goes in from 9 to 12 'oclock if your looking at it from the passenger side tire area. If you are staring at the car from the front you see the head of the bolt. I think the bushings will have to be pressed for sure. Thanks!! :)Chris

Reply to
:

Same thing happened to my 93. Local Nissan said I needed enire lower control arm just to get the bushings. Said only way to get it. $140.00. Courtesy Nissan in Dallas sells bushings (it IS a Nissan part) sold individually for around $23.00. They do press in.

Reply to
AJFoyt

That is the lower-control-arm. There are 2 bushings on the LCA and the ball-joint is also part of the LCA.

Although you can buy replacement bushings (not from Nissan, however), at the age of your vehicle, I would recommend replacing the ball joint as well. If you plan on doing any of the work yourself, I would suggest you just replace the entire LCA (maybe even both sides). While you are things dismantled inspect and consider replacing the swaybar-endlinks (mine were rusted on so badly that I had no choice but to cut them off and replace them), as well as the outer tie-rod ends. The swaybar endlinks and tie-rod ends are cheap.

Nirav

96 Maxima GLE, 138k
Reply to
njmodi

Thanks guys! I will let you know the outcome of the repair. 190k and still going strong! :)

Reply to
:

And, if you'd like to tighten up the ride a bit to get a more performance oriented setup compared to OEM, consider replacing using poly urethane bushingds from energy suspension;

Codifus

Reply to
Jawire