Front suspension Clunk???

Hi I have an 86 Audi 80 (1800cc) recently I changed the upper suspension mount (and integral bearing) as I thought it was the cause of an intermittent clunk heard when I turn the front wheels. However it was not the fault as the sound is still there. At the same time I replaced the CV boot and inspected the Cv joint and there is obvious signs of wear. The noise is not there all the time and it is not continuous such as when doing a U-turn (as would be expected if it was the CV). It sound nothing like worn CV's that I have heard before.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Cheers,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

Ball joint on lower control arm would be my suggestion.

Steve

Reply to
~ ElektraMan ~

"~ ElektraMan ~" wrote news:oBqgd.19973$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...