Headlight mods for driving abroad

Ok, following my query about adjustable headlights, it appears I'll have to go the old fashioned way and use black-outs or beam-benders on the lights for driving on the continent.

Except...

Unlike every other car I've ever owned, my A3 has no marks on the headlamp lens to show where exactly the tape or benders should be applied. How do I know exactly where to stick them?

Reply to
Toby Groves