Heater Problem A4

Wondered if anyone can identify this problem, before I take it to the dealer.

I have a A4 B6 1.8T Q and for some reason the blower will not work when the temp is below 8c, as soon as the temp goes above 8c it works fine lol.

This is a well strange problem, the heat blows out fine under its own steam on the motorway when its like -2c but the fans will not come on, the water temp is perfect at 90c and the header tank is at the correct level.

The interior climate control shows full speed on the fan blower but they do not come on, is there some sort of sensor within the car that senses a temp somewhere and tells the blowers to come on/off

Another weird thing, in the summer or at any temp where the blowers work, when you put the wipers on, the blower speeds up for a few secs and then goes back to normal, it's as if the sensor on the dash gets momentarily confused by the wiper sweep and speeds up the fans.

Anyone any ideas before it goes into the dealers?

Cheers

Reply to
Ronny

The climate control is set up to not allow the AC to turn on if the outside temp is 8C (or very close to that). It is not supposed to affect the fan.

There is another system that will not allow the fans to turn on until the engine coolant temp reaches a certain level so that the heater doesn't blow cold air.

It sounds like either the wir> Wondered if anyone can identify this problem, before I take it to the > dealer.

Reply to
Tony

Cheers tony, do you think a wire may have just come off? and if so where abouts.

Its only happened recently

Reply to
Ronny

Reply to
Tony

"Ronny" wrote

Any fault codes stored in the ECU? I'm guessing you would have told us if there were, or if you had access to a VAG-COM tool, though. :)

Pete

Reply to
Pete

No fault codes, nothing :(