2002 Chevy Silverado Heater/ AC blower Problem

I'm having a problem with my 2002 Silverado Pickup with 5.3 engine. I was wondering if anyone could helpo me out.. The problem is in the Heater / AC control. I don't have any slow or #1 speed on the blower fan. All the other speeds work fine. Years ago the blowers had a resistor in the circuit but if I rememeber correctly If the resistor went you lost all the speeds but high. I'm thinking it is the switch $145 but I dont want to replace it if in fact it is the resistor. Does anyone know where the resistor is located on the newer trucks? It's not on the blower box under the hood like they used to be. Yes I'm old ! Thanks in advance , Rick

Reply to
Randd01

Rick, sorry I can't help with the location, but I lost low speed only on the fan in my 2002 Silverado and the dealer replaced the resistor under warranty. It took them a couple hours to fix, but I'm not sure if they were working on the truck the entire time. I did just replace the resistor in a 1999 Cavalier, it was in the fan housing, accessed it from under the dash. Took about 5 minutes to change, after looking for 15 minutes.

Reply to
two.dogs

Well it's nice to know I'm not alone! I will go in search of! Thanks

Reply to
Randd01

Its your blower resistor. It is possible to lose one speed and not the others, usually speed 1 or speed 1 and 2. Access the blower motor and trace the wires that are plugged into the blower motor back to the resistor module (it has an integrated relay). The resistor card of your new one might be a different color witch is normal, they updated the part. The gold hex head screws holding it in are 5.5 mm. Good Luck!

Jay

Reply to
Jason J.C. Enclade

It was the resistor. A little bugger to find, but pretty simple. Thanks to all that helped. Rick

Reply to
Randd01