High profile tyres for Allroad?

I'm considering buying an Allroad, which I'd like to at some point take through remote outback Australia across some long rough unsealed roads.

My question is: should I be concerned about the durability of the low-profile tyres, and if so, is it possible to fit it with more practical alternatives?

And also, has anyone had any experience in replacing the space-saver with something more appropriate in a 4WD?

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

The Allroads in the US come with a full size spare, I don't know about AUS but even before they were standard the wheel well was large enough for a real tire.

If the car comes with "high performance" tires they will be too soft and sticky for what you are considering. I might suggest a light truck tire if you can find one that will fit. Have a good trip!

Reply to
BillyRay

Just go to

you search the archives there you will find a lot of infoon tires for the allroad (and much other info). Regards,

-Reijer-

Reply to
Reijer

You may want to change wheels, too - no sense ruining those alloys on a rock. Changing to a smaller wheel (15"?) would also allow taller tires.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith