How far does your A4 tdi go?

Right then a challenge for everyone, driving a a4 tdi anyway.

I can get just under 700 miles on a full tank of diesel !

what can u get?

would love to here others

Reply to
Bobby Monk

I thought nobody would ever ask! Is it just me or does everybody reset the trip when they fill up and then sweat over how far they can get? Do I run it down to 0 miles to go and hope it doesn't run out of fuel before I can beat

500/600/700 or whatever? And do you love to watch the 'miles to go' seesaw up and down depending on how you're driving?

Mine's a sport 130 avant and around town I can't quite wring 600 out of a tank, but recently I got over 700 on a return trip to Devon (I live in Ipswich)

Reply to
Noisy bacon

I can get 490 out of a 1.8T quattro, but I suppose it doesn't count :(

BTW remember quattro models have a slightly smaller tank than the front wheel drive equiv

Reply to
Ronny

unfortunately my a4 is a 96 reg (n) and dont have the luxury of a trip to tell me how many miles i have left in the tank.

i do however reset the odometer and run right down into the red to see how far i can go, i do only do this now and again to try and better my previous milage !!

How geeky is this ? but i do like getting the best out of my car considering i drive over 3000 miles a month !!

Reply to
Bobby Monk

I thought all Audis have a "fuel remaining" readout on the DIS even if your car is not fitted with the full DIS,

Reply to
Ronny

Unfortunately, that is not the case. There are at least 3 types of DIS. One with just an icon display (low fuel, brake test, temp test etc), "mini" DIS with basic info and "full" DIS with everything.

Reply to
Graham

whats a DIS ?

Reply to
Bobby Monk

Driver Information System.

It's an Audi's way of telling you something is wrong, but only for the less serious stuff, like the previous poster say's you have 3 types although I have only ever heard of 2.

Full DIS you get a little switch on the wiper stalk to control trip computer, fuel used, remaining, av mpg etc, plus you get bulb out alert, brake test, low washer fluid etc.

Partial DIS (what I have) Fuel remaining, Out Temp, Major warnings like low water, oil etc, Speed Reading, and 2 hour break,

I had full DIS in my old 2.6 quattro, but my new 1.8T QS does not have it :(

Reply to
Ronny