Lock doors automatically

Hi there,

I have just bought a new Audi A3 and would like the doors to lock automatically once the gear is put into Drive, or alternatively once the car is moving.

How do I program this? Can you help?

Thnks Jesper

Reply to
Perinouk

Hi Jesper,

Well, on the TT the autolock function is enabled via the VAGCOM maintenance port. When enabled, the doors lock when the speed reaches about 10 mph. Your dealer should be able to do this for you (although they sometimes do make a charge), if the A3 has this feature.

Cheers.

Moley

Reply to
Moley

Go to audiworld.com, select "tech" and look in the s4 section for a paper entitled "coding the control module" The code to auto lock the doors is detailed there. The change requires a VAGCOM unit but the dealer can do it in a couple minutes. I had mine done at no charge, maybe it was because I brought in a box of donuts

Reply to
JPB357

ummm what is the point in this? surely they should lock when going below

10mph as an aide to stop car jackers? what is the point in the doors locking above 10mph, I would want my doors unlocked in the event of a crash to make getting out easier, but I can see the benifit of having the doors lock when going slower than 10mph. if its to stop kids getting out or somthing, surely thats what child proof doors are for

ronny

Reply to
Ronny

I think you misunderstood. Once you start the car, drive away and reach

10mph the doors will lock. They will *only* unlock once you switch off the engine and remove the ky.

If you need out in an emergency and power is not available, you simply pull on the door lever twice and that door will unlock.

Reply to
Graham

Graham schrieb:

And, according to my dealer, the door would unlock in a crash.

But I did not verfiy this yet *knockknockknock*

W.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to