All 4 doors lock by themselves

Hello, I have a 2004 Kia Sorento and every time after you lock the doors and then unlock them, all the doors immediately lock them selves on their own. When you use the clicker or the door key, as soon as you unlock the doors you have to hurry up and open the door or else they will all automatically lock themselves again . Any idea what the problem might be???

Thanks for your help!

John

Reply to
pungie

03 Rio does the same thing every six months or so, never found the exact cause. It seems like it happens when a door is not completely closed .....
Reply to
Phil

Don't know about the Sorento, however, the Sedona gives you 30 secs to open a side door, before automagically relocking. If you only open the tailgate then, once again, it will relock autmagically.

I suspect the same applies to other models.

hth

Reply to
Scraggy

Yes, I think it is in the design. My Sedona does the same thing. If you put your keys in your pocket or purse and accidentally hit the unlock as you walk away at a mall, it will lock your car again. It's happened to me. Seems like a decent precaution.

Now, on the other hand, my Hyundai Sonata will sometimes lock itself for no reason in my garage. With the keys in it! NOT a good thing!!!

Reply to
631grant