looking at new Audi

I am considering Audi for a new car. I have owned a 5000 and 4000, but after reading this newsgroup, it appears Audi may not be such a good value?

What about an A4 3.0 Quattro? Manual

Reply to
Jim

If you're in the market for a small sport sedan, like a BMW 3series, Caddy CTS, Infiniti G35, or the like, you would do yourself a great disservice by not considering the A4, especially 3.0q you mentioned.

The biggest gripe for quality in the newer models (pre2003) was coil pack failures--which plagued the 1.8t models.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

Read the BMW or Mercedes Newsgroups. Same issue basically. The folks here and there rarely report the flawlessly running cars but seek help when they have problems. Uneventful operation is the standard, so nobody mentions it.

*droool*

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

My wife and I purchased an A4 1.8T Q Tip 3,000 miles ago. No problems yet.

-Dirt-

Reply to
Chris Cavin

I have a 2002 A4 3.0 quattro, manual, and have had the coil pack failure too (all six were replaced). I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, though; excellent car and good value.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Thompson

I am currently on my 6th Audi - a TTC225 - after 7 BMWs, 1 MB and 1 Porsche. What more can I say? :)

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage