Lambda Sensor warning light

Hi,

I own a 2001 S3 imported to the UK from Denmark. Driving home this evening, a warning light appeared which doesn't seem to be listed in the owners manual. The light is on the rev counter and is the first on the left below the airbag warning light. The symbol is that of an engine block with a fan on the front and the top.

In my manual, the position of the light is greyed out and I cannot find any mention of it. My partner has a new Passat, and that does have the symbol listed. It says that is is a failure in the emissions system, probably the Lambda probe.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be the same in the S3, and why it isn't in the manual. Also, is my friendly Audi dealer going to be rubbing his hands with glee and booking an extended summer holiday when he charges me to fix it?

Thanks

Mat.

Reply to
Mat Diss