Re: '91 Audi Turbo 200 A/C stalls engine when turned on, HUH ?

Sounds like a seized compressor. What parts were replaced last year? was the system flushed? proper type and amount of oil added? You probably need a new compressor, drier, restrictor tube, oil and Freon.

Just had a new air conditioner put in last year and all seemed

fine

until last week when I turned the air conditioner on as usual, not only > did the belt squeal loudly and start smoking but then killed the > engine. > > What disaster has befallen me and how should I proceed. A neighbor has > guages and a dryer that I could use, but what I'm requesting is

not only

a troubleshooting step-by-step but also; once I've gotten to the root > cause, how should I then repair it ? > > Your time is most > Appreciated, > > Courtney
Reply to
Tom Amundsen

Courtney Like Tom said, it sounds like a siezed compressor. If you had the system changed over to R134 for R12, did they put more than 80% of the R12 capacity in? If so, then the compressor would be overloaded. Regardless, sounds like you need a new compressor. Try

or
. Sorry. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears