Re: Connecting MP3 player to Concert Radio/CD

I'm planning to do this w/ my iPod as well. Use the cassette deck as your input. If you have the stock Audi radio/cass/cd. I'm going to use a cassette adapter and connect it to the iPod headphone jack.

Bruce

John Galv>Hi

>Does anyone have any ideas for connecting my iPod MP3 player to the concert >radio/CD player >in my 2003 A4? >I have an FM transmitter which works reasonably well, but I'd really like a >wired connection. >I came across a device which seems to fool the radio into thinking a CD >changer has been fitted >and inputs sound in that way but my radio dealer tells me that European >connecters are different >and the device won't fit. > >Any ideas? > > > >

My car only has a CD player

Reply to
John Galvin

Useful looking article. I'll double check the situation with the CD changer. AFAIK, the CD changer for the A4 goes in the glove compartment. I'll see what wires are there already.

Thanks

Reply to
John Galvin

Cassette adapters are the worst! Connect via FM channel or some wiring connection, but I'd strongly recommend you not use the heads of your tape player. Besides the wires hanging out of your deck looks terrible.

Reply to
gabby

why?

Reply to
John KB5AG

WHY? Mainly because you're transferring (already compressed MP3) audio signal to a device that tries to reproduce the magnetic media (tape cassette). Also, the quality of audio cassette is just bad to begin with, and a tape-head loses a good portion of it's "pickup" within the first year of use. Cassette tape in general is just a poor medium, especially in comparison to CD. Just compare the two! Dolby made a fortune on the ability help rid the inherent "hiss" of audio tapes!

Gabby

Reply to
gabby